[Magdalen] 54 years a bishop...and counting

Grace Cangialosi gracecan at gmail.com
Fri Sep 23 23:31:30 UTC 2016

Well, our former bishop, Peter Lee, explained it me by saying that Bp. Montgomery had told him that, while he could not bring himself to ordain a woman, he understood that he was bound to uphold the discipline of the church, which by then allowed for ordained women.  In fact, Bp.Lee held him up as an example of what could/should be done by those who disagreed with the church's position.

I wonder how he would have responded to the church's current position wrt same-sex marriage and the ordaining of  partnered gay and lesbian people...   ;^}