[Magdalen] Two books

James Oppenheimer-Crawford oppenheimerjw at gmail.com
Sat Sep 24 03:38:54 UTC 2016

Yes, any mention of white privilege is asking for trouble.  I've been
amazed (and very depressed) by the refusal of otherwise erudite persons to
recognize that any problem exists. The editor of our local newspaper wrote
recently that black lives matter is just a political scam, and the
shootings of blacks by police were not a matter of concern.

That is actually the majority view, you know.  Hence my depression. One
gets some idea how some of the ancient prophets must have felt.  (1 Ki 19)

Well, they haven't started trying to kill us yet, but give them time....

James W. Oppenheimer-Crawford