[Magdalen] Heat advisory.

James Oppenheimer-Crawford oppenheimerjw at gmail.com
Sun Sep 25 02:09:39 UTC 2016

We expected it to be a little less warm when we traveled to Portugal at the
beginning of this month.  Nah, it hung around 90 a lot of the time.  And it
sure could have been worse. I read of some place reporting 45 degrees
celsius.
http://whnt.com/2016/09/07/record-breaking-september-heat-wave-grips-europe/
Fortunately, we stayed out of the sun as much as possible, and the breeze
dramatically helped.
Today here it's just a bit chilly outside.
And the Great Barrier Reef is losing content at about three per cent per
year, I believe.
When I was in Saudi Arabia in '91, we learned to just shrug the heat off.
But good grief, stay hydrated! Heat exhaustion is no joke. (Been there,
done that.)

James W. Oppenheimer-Crawford