[Magdalen] Cruz on Trump

M J _Mike_ Logsdon mjl at ix.netcom.com
Sun Sep 25 19:07:51 UTC 2016

>>>Without some real advance work and credibility, a third party candidate is
not credible. Shouldn't be like that? Oh, I agree. But it IS like that.  It
is what it is. Wishing it to be something else will not change what is.<<<

Spot on, Jim.  And the only silver lining to a viable 3rd party candidate is if, like Perot, he or she pulls equally from both, so the result is the same (just no real majority).  And yes, Perot did pull equally; the GOP saw that he gave the White House to Clinton is bulls***.

So, being a 2-party system whether we like it or not (a coalition gov't here would be, if nothing else, fascinating), a vote for a 3rd party candidate is a vote thrown away (to whoever happens to win).