[Magdalen] Cruz on Trump

Roger Stokes roger.stokes65 at btinternet.com
Sun Sep 25 19:55:06 UTC 2016

On 25/09/2016 20:23, Jon Egger wrote:
> What we need to do is get rid of the Electoral College and go to national
> popular vote.  And Election Day should be a national holiday.

I suspect the majority of Americans would not thank you for that change
if it happened.  Political advertising, callas, etc would not be limited
to swing states but would apply throughout the country so all would have
the pleasure (?) of being subject to them for months on end. In reality
it would generally not change who is elected President (2000 and the
election of Bush 43 being an exception in that regard).  What could be
an improvement would be having a non-partisan Boundary Commission in
charge of districting for Congress and the rehistration of all eligible
voters, as we have this side of the pond.

Roger