[Magdalen] Cruz on Trump

Lynn Ronkainen houstonklr at gmail.com
Sun Sep 25 21:32:35 UTC 2016

Good point Scott about building a third party at the lower ranks.

www.ichthysdesigns.com

When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, 'I used everything you gave me'. attributed to Erma Bombeck

On Sep 25, 2016, at 4:29 PM, Scott Knitter <scottknitter at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Sep 25, 2016 at 3:52 PM, Lynn Ronkainen <houstonklr at gmail.com> wrote:
> Twice in 45 years I've voted for candidates who were not Republicans or Democrats. They were however more viable and knowledgeable people than the alternatives available >this year to the two main candidates. I've decided that this election year presents too much risk for me to take a stand about the potential viability of 'extra-party' candidates. I >do hope that a viable and equal third party may arise on of these years.

I think a third party will have to position and organize its way to
some major wins in Congress: when Greens, for instance, win a
respectable number of seats in the House, then they'll start being
listened to, and there will be a base of Greens for potential Senate
seats and cabinet appointments--traditionally important achievements
and experiences for those hoping to go all the way to the top (and a
major gap in Trump's resume, but of course he touts that as an
advantage, but he's not the first to do that).

Anyway, it's going to take a long time and lots of building for any
third party to get seriously into the presidential process. Maybe I'll
be wrong and some rockstar of a brilliant personality backed by
unusual and surprisingly pertinent experiences and skills will come
along and sweep us off our feet, and we'll have a Green or Libertarian
or Liberal or Labor Party president. Won't hold my breath waiting for
that, though.

--
Scott R. Knitter
Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA