[Magdalen] Minor prayers for tomorrow.

M J _Mike_ Logsdon mjl at ix.netcom.com
Mon Sep 26 04:48:15 UTC 2016

My boss received, at her home, the same mailing I got on Friday, about my passing the exam.  Presumably, she did not also receive the score or the breakdown, as that's technically personal.  But she'll no doubt ask, and I'll tell her 74%, because in my case that's a great score, overall.  She generally operates in hyperbole mode, so she is likely to get hyper about the need to keep it current.  With which I'll agree, and that the whole two-year period for doing that doesn't beging till 01/01/2017.  Meaning, for now, I'll finally create a sig line for my work email that puts "CFM" after my name.  Yay.  And that's it.  She's totally within her rights to send what I assume will be the standard email to the rest of the Agency about "our newest CFM!"  All no real problem.  But, jeez, her tone.  What I mean by hyperbolic, is that when most supervisors say "What?", hers is "What?!" (with greatly elevated tone).  Sigh.  I belong in a fellowship at Oxford or somewhere, doing what I really love.  In the meantime, I'm Mike Logsdon, CFM, Patooie.