[Magdalen] Flood

P. Dan Brittain pdan.brittain at gmail.com
Mon Sep 26 19:47:26 UTC 2016

On Mon, Sep 26, 2016 at 6:37 PM, James Oppenheimer-Crawford <
oppenheimerjw at gmail.com> wrote:

> Wonderful how the simple, pure spirit of shapenote is making itself known
> now all over the world.
>
> There are some remarkable clips on youtube!!
>
> ​Indeed there are. Tonight there was  shape note workshop led by Tim
Erickson​
​. Tim's probably best known as a ballad singer and ​
​also a punk rocker. He ran a group for a while called Cordelia's Dad and
now has the Trio de Pumpkintown. Tim was in town as part of a cultural
festival, he sang last night with a man from Cuba.

tonight's crowd was over 100, with about 25 of their regular singers and a
few from away like me. Within an hour and 1/2, ​
​the crowd was catching on in a real way. They will probably get some more
singers from it.​

--
P. Dan Brittain
Harrison, Arkansas

http//:pdanbrittain.com
<http://pdanbrittain.com>* <http://pdanbrittain.com/>*
Transcriptions, Arrangements and Original Compositions
Wind Band, Brass Band, Choir, and Ensembles
Commissions accepted