[Magdalen] Oklahoma.....Yow!

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Sat Apr 1 03:27:59 UTC 2017

I'm astomished at the large number of splendid
church buildings in Tulsa (and Oklahoma City).

I was checking out the famous Boston Avenue Methodist
Church in Tulsa after an article in one of the pipe organ
monthly referred to extensive organ work there.

I'd forgotten how striking the Art Deco exterior of this
church is, even though the interior has that dreadful (IMHO)
"Akron Plan," which is not friendly to liturgy, at least
of the type used in Anglican churches.

Then, again, Tulsa has a lot of Art Deco building stemming
from the wealth of oil money when that style was popular.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boston_Avenue_Methodist_Church

However, there are a lot of gorgeous, more traditional church
buildings in Tulsa:

Check out just two of the collegiate gothic churches in
Tulsa:

.

http://www.tulsaokhistory.com/photogallery/1stmethodistch.html

http://www.trinitytulsa.org/worship