[Magdalen] Inspired by VP...

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Sun Apr 2 19:37:26 UTC 2017

In a message dated 4/1/2017 2:12:20 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
wmmah at stoneledge.net writes:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/what-clinton-and-pence-have-in-commo
n-their-marriages-are-our-favorite-soap-operas/2017/03/31/6221303c-161b-11e7
-9e4f-09aa75d3ec57_story.html?utm_term=.76ef8c34a57ezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

If the Veep and his missus were of the Evangelical stripe that exists
(?existed)
around my home town in NW Wisconsin, they wouldn't be dancing at all.
Dancing in any form was forbidden by these Scandinavian Pietists  because
the activity encouraged body to body contact.......and we all know what
happens
when that occurs!

These groups nearly ruined my class's (1955)  Home Coming and Prom
by boycotting the dance.  My date for both events was a girl who  later
became a visiting nurse in the mountains of West Virginia, part of  which
route was on horseback.

The nursing student (RN program at UW-Madison) that I dated through
undergraduate and medical school days, ended up in Boston, married
to a Congregational minister.  According to mutual friends, she  had
an unhappy marriage to her "man of God."   Unfortunate.   OTOH, she
did have quite a career in the rarified setting of Massachusetts   General
Hospital.

David S.

David S.