[Magdalen] prayers please

Lynn Ronkainen houstonklr at gmail.com
Mon Apr 3 17:38:57 UTC 2017

Please pray for Billy Barnes (geologist), business partner of my friend Jim.
All last year Billy seemed to have lung/pneumonia problems and was
hospitalized a few times, and seemed to be recovered but then something else
would happen. It turned out he had several tumors in his lungs. After
radiation he seemed to bounce back (he is 88, and until recently a spry-guy)
figuratively, but he had gone really downhill over the last few weeks and
yesterday was given a diagnosis that it had spread to the liver and that he
had, at most, a month to live. He is now in Hospice care at home.  In
parallel with this sad news, Jim is out on the site of the oil leases that
they have been trying to get someone to drill for the last 9 years.  They've
had 'drill to own' offers during this time that only went so far in the bad
oil economy (someone else drills and spends that $$ and the lease holder/s
retain a small steak and hands the lease over to the drillers), and finally
have a partnership with investors that is going forward with drilling. Jim
is out there at the site this week supervising the 'finish' work on the to
pads for drilling to begin before the end of the month.

I'm just praying.  I am hoping for peace for Billy, and maybe just a little
more time if it's not pain-filled....  I so wish that his feisty spirit
might linger on this vale long enough to see if this lease gets drilled.
His own history, with the conviction that this remote and obscure 'fault' is
oil-filled, is at least 50 years old.

peace
Lynn

website: www.ichthysdesigns.com

attributed to Erma Bombeck
"Either Freedom for all or stop talking about Freedom at all" from a talk by
Richard Rohr
"The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they
oppress." F Douglass