[Magdalen] Quiet

Lynn Ronkainen houstonklr at gmail.com
Mon Apr 3 17:57:16 UTC 2017

Atlanta... and then there's the highway debacle... it is getting lots of
press and TV here in Houston. Having driven there as recently as a year ago,
and driven through numerous occasions whilst traversing that part of the
USA, I can't even imagine the chaos of that road being out of commission for
the length of time needed to repair/replace.

We (Houston) were thinking of starting an initiative of providing temporary
homeless tents for under  several overpasses where homeless people (of
various lifestyles) 'loiter' and sleep. It was advanced that perhaps it
would be effective to help them be more 'organized'.  Difficult to do in a
city where the downtown has literally SLAMMED into gentrification  over the
last 5 years filling adjacent run down neighborhoods with high rise
apartments, and a mish-mash of modern out of place looking town home
clusters (no zoning here, in case you didn't know), and numerous new high
rise apartments in the downtown business district footprint. Even seeing the
homeless is an affront to affluent newly-relocated  residents of the
downtown scene, and the high gear executives at the many corporate
headquarters. Homeless loiterers,,,, just gotta' go. Sigh.

This state is SO screwed up. Our Legislature is in session and the results
coming out of Austin are abysmal. And our Attorney General has been under
indictment with state and the Feds since before he ran for office. A trial
is finally being set AND (thank you God) the venue has been moved. Out of
his comfort zone.

enough about me/Houston/TX...

website: www.ichthysdesigns.com

attributed to Erma Bombeck
"Either Freedom for all or stop talking about Freedom at all" from a talk by
Richard Rohr
"The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they
oppress." F Douglass