[Magdalen] RIP Chip Marble, Bishop of the Diocese of Mississippi 1993-2003

Marilyn Cepeda mcepeda514 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 7 18:14:15 UTC 2017

Bishop Marble was a fine man and a wonderful bishop He made some tough
decisions and guided the diocese through some difficult times. I will miss
knowing he is walking this earth.

At the end of that 2010 sermon in Cary, Bishop Marble signed off with some
pretty sound advice.

“Get involved,” he said. “Make a difference. A church on mission is really
carrying forth God’s kingdom and giving witness to it, or it’s a club. I
don’t want to be a member of a club, and I hope you don’t either. Give
thanks for so many people down through the years who have worked for
justice and equality, for God’s kingdom. And let’s do it, too.”
--
Marilyn (Owens, Palmero) Cepeda