[Magdalen] Easter Vigil.

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Sat Apr 8 00:40:42 UTC 2017

In a message dated 4/7/2017 3:38:42 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
wmmah at stoneledge.net writes:

But it  was outside; it was dark and cold;
and he did use a  Zippo. >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

The Easter Vigil at Smokey Mary's I referred to earlier was
highlighted by the presence of a black Assistant Bishop of
New York whose name escapes me.  During the
lighting of the fire at the narthex he managed to bump into the
brazier and knock some of the contents on the (fortunately
stone) floor.  This was all amplified by the microphones being
used and the very live famous acoustics of this parish.   It  was
actually much more dramatic a son et lumiere affair than that
which we had just seen at the Met matinee performance of
Wagner's Gotterdammerung (Twilight of the Gods).

David S.