[Magdalen] Easter Vigil.

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Sat Apr 8 22:46:40 UTC 2017

I attended an ecumenical Seven Last Words three-hour service in a
Methodist church many years ago. There was a sermon on each of the
seven. As you mentioned, Roger, there were hymns during which people
could enter or leave. And there was what became for me a hallmark of
Methodist worship: the hymn "The Old Rugged Cross" sung fervently and
with several of the older men weeping throughout. Same thing happened
during a Sunday service in a different Methodist church where a friend
was soloing. I thought it weird. Why the older men on that particular
hymn? I didn't see others weeping.

--
Scott R. Knitter
Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA