[Magdalen] Easter vigil

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Sun Apr 16 02:49:19 UTC 2017

In a message dated 4/15/2017 10:39:21 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
jhandsfield at att.net writes:

Just back from Easter vigil at Saint Bede's. Alleluia! Christ is  risen!

Jim Handsfield
Sent from my  iPhone>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I watched the two hour Liturgy from the Basilica in Washington,
DC.  The choir, full orchestra, and large pipe organ didn't
disappoint.  The Lumen Christi's, Exsultet, and choral responses
for the lessons were all chant and largely unaccompanied, making
the big moment at the Gloria with the entrance of the organ that
much more effective.

The choir's final nugget at the end of Communion, Messiah's
"Hallelujah Chorus" was obviously much appreciated by the packed
crowd that uncharacteristically applauded at the conclusion.

And, hey, Hallelujah He is Risen!

Tomorrow it's off to the Procathedral.

David S.