[Magdalen] An interesting article - The Crisis of Attention Theft

Roger Stokes roger.stokes65 at btinternet.com
Sat Apr 22 21:08:30 UTC 2017

On 22/04/2017 19:57, Christopher Hart wrote:
> I think that I would drop the landline in short order if it were only my
> choice, but my wife feels that we should still have a "home phone" even
> though we virtually never answer it.

The main reason I have a landline is because it comes with my broadband.
Despite living in the centre of town cell-phone connectivity is flaky,
possibly because the front of the apartment is below street-level.
Fortunately I have an app on the phone which means I can connect through
my home wifi. Outgoing calls are on the cell phone because I never use
anything like the number of minutes that are in the package.
Occasionally I get a "real" call on the landline because that is the
number I give to others. Most of the calls, though are from the
technical department of Microsoft or of my landline provider. The name
they give seems implausible for their accent.

Roger