[Magdalen] Interesting perspective on BCP revision

ME Michaud michaudme at gmail.com
Wed Apr 26 15:32:14 UTC 2017

These thoughts have been swimming around in my head recently.

Not necessarily re: PB revision, but the Changing Church.
(We are revving up for a capital campaign, which is part of why I've been
thinking).

And I've come to the conclusion that I have no desire to "fossilize" the
church
(or anything else). Unfortunately, most of the people in my church are into
fossilization big time :-(

I will not live long enough to see the next PB revision and I have no
desire to burden the young people in the church with my desires, standards,
esthetics or demands. We expose them to Tallis and Cranmer and Fortunatus,
but we can only hope they come to love it. No guarantees.
-M