[Magdalen] Interesting perspective on BCP revision

Bob Rea petard at petard.us
Wed Apr 26 18:04:08 UTC 2017

On Wednesday, April 26, 2017 12:31:30 PM Eleanor Braun wrote:
> I'm in no rush to revise the BCP, but I do like enlarging the possibilities
> by adding to Enriching our Worship.

I don't know that we need to change the words but EOW gives an opening to add
some. What I think is that we need to find new ways to to liturgy. The styles
we now have are revised styles, from the Oxford Movement ritualists, and then
from some of the revisions from the Roman church. We need new relevant ways to
do liturgy. Ritual is how we worship God so as to form our lives on the
template of the rites. I think we need to find newer templates rather than
newer words.

--
Bob Rea
www.petard.us