[Magdalen] Texas's "sanctuary cities"... ?

M J _Mike_ Logsdon mjl at ix.netcom.com
Wed Apr 26 21:57:02 UTC 2017

I don't recall what yesterday's (?) conclusion was in the short thread about such things, but apparently the AP says categorically that there are none.

However, the writer of the article about Abbott's current attempt not only to ban them, but even imprison sheriffs and deputies that don't comply with the proposed law, from which I quote below, surely didn't mean for this sentence to come out the way it did:

"Texas doesn't currently have any sanctuary cities, but that hasn't stopped Abbott and Republican legislative leaders from pushing aggressively for one."

The "one" clearly refers to the proposed law, but as this sentence stands on its own as a paragraph unto itself, I half suspect we'll see an AP "Correction" coming soon.

Or am I missing something?

Article:  http://tinyurl.com/lxs6cq2 .