[Magdalen] Retro Rules.

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Fri Apr 28 21:07:16 UTC 2017

The current issue of the monthly, American
Organist magazine shows the console
of a new organ - in this case, unusually for this
publication - an electronic organ located in the
Saint Cecilia RC Church in Wisconsin Dells, WI.
(electonic organs are often referred to in the trade
as "toasters")

I assumed the church was an old structure, at least
100 years old, but I discovered that it was a new
structure, following largely the lines of the old church.
Actually, the sanctuary, if anything, is more pre-Vatican-2
in layout than the original.

In any case, the seating has gone from 350 to 850,
but the original color scheme and detailing have
been carefully reproduced.  I note the good-looking
pastor, as well.

Wisconsin Dells (Dalles) is the fantastically
carved canyon of the Wisconsin River through
a portion of the so-called "Driftless Area" of
never glaciated Wisconsin.

http://www.madisoncatholicherald.org/news/around-diocese/6555-st-cecilia.htm

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wisconsin_Dells,_Wisconsin

David S.