[Magdalen] All on the same day

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Sun Apr 30 15:04:44 UTC 2017

It's one of those days where I need to be in three places at once, and
my natural reaction is to wish I could hide in a cave. Obligations:

1. Work! Endless long days of work continue into next week. The fact
that colleagues are traveling today is the only thing that keeps today
from being intense, at least this morning.
2. Church! Our organist, a friend, has written a Missa Brevis that
will be premiered by our choir during Mass today.
3. My partner's niece has asked to be baptized, and that happens today.

#3 seems the front-runner, and it's after her church's morning
services (12:45 p.m.) out in a western suburb. My dear partner needs
to arise from sleep and get ready, and tell me what the plan is: if
there's a meal or party afterward, I'll have to miss the whole thing
for work.

Whatever I end up doing, I feel like I'll need to write and send a
bunch of apology cards.

--
Scott R. Knitter
Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA