[Magdalen] South Carolina court case

Ginga Wilder gingawilder at gmail.com
Wed Aug 2 23:33:58 UTC 2017

Thank you, Eleanor.  You are way ahead of me.  I just came here to post the
pastoral letter from Bp Skip Adams.

I am working my way through the decision in preparation for a meeting in
the diocese on Friday.

It seems as if Roger had the goods....the decision on intellectual property
will be decided by the case already in the Federal Court.  That simplifies
something that needs simplifying.

The people on this list have helped me navigate this long journey from
radical shift in the diocese through discipline of Mark Lawrence into
schism and beyond to resurrection of a baby and growing new Episcopal
congregation in Summerville, SC.  I don't have words to describe my
gratitude.

Here's what I'm feeling right now.  This is not a day of celebration. In
hearing of the SCSC decision today, I feel unbound like Lazarus was
unbound. I expect there will be appeals coming down the road.  So, we are
still bound but indeed with a bit more freedom.  I am thinking of how the
people on the other side of this decision are feeling.  I know their sense
of devastation.  We are called to reconcile and I pray that  will happen as
we go forward, as the godawful wounds left by the schism heal.  We are all
called to unity in Christ.  Let it be so.

Ginga

Virus-free.
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>