[Magdalen] +Bruno

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Sat Aug 5 19:15:34 UTC 2017

I just read the lengthy article in The Living Church magazine
(the USA independent weekly) on the Bishop Bruno affair and
the punishment (may not function as priest or bishop for 3 years).
I can't make good sense of the article.

The parish building has been returned to St. James, and its
Rector restored secondary to the action of a TEC panel.

The TLC seems to assert +Bruno and his group decided to
sell the St. James property because it was a small, not yet
self-supporting mission parish whose church was sitting on
some very valuable land for real estate development.  They
did so unilaterally, and mostly in secret, and, in the end, simply
suppressed the Mission Church of Saint James.

Is this it?  Does anyone on list know the particulars of this
sad case?

It strikes me as harsh outcomes for both parties.

David S.