[Magdalen] Tragedy in Charlottesville

Ann Markle ann.markle at aya.yale.edu
Sat Aug 12 22:27:35 UTC 2017

And I think, David, that the protests and rallies originated due to the
intention to remove a statue of Robert E. Lee from a park that was
originally named Robert E. Lee Park, and renamed Emancipation Park. The
white supremacist groups were calling themselves "Unite the Right."  Just
now watching the VA governor, who gave a great statement -- the one that
the Trumpster should have given.

--
Ann

The Rev. Ann Markle