[Magdalen] Hello?

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Sat Aug 19 15:42:32 UTC 2017

In a message dated 8/19/2017 11:13:14 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
chadwohl at satucket.com writes:

You get  bragging rights and a patch for
climbing all 48 peaks over 4000' elevation  >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

There are 46 peaks in the high elevation set of the Adirondacks.
I've only climbed one of them (in a car), Whiteface  :-)

I was somehow surprised that the Adirondacks look a lot more
"mountainous" than those in Pennsylvania, the latter being usually
long ridges rather than distinct peaks commonly encountered in the
Adirondacks.  I was also surprised that the forest type is  distinctly
different from that of the Pennsylvania mountains.  I've  mentioned
my "fast shovel" popping three Red Spruce seedlings (Picea rubens)
in my car trunk in a flash during a trip to the Adirondacks.   All
three took awhile to get used to their new home in the Poconos,
but are now shooting up.  This species is not native to  Pennsylvania.

All that AND Adirondack chairs, two of which grace my deck.

David S.