[Magdalen] thinking about my mid-twenties

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Sun Aug 20 02:59:53 UTC 2017

In a message dated 8/19/2017 10:39:20 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
jay.weigel at gmail.com writes:

I'm  reading my dad's privately published WWII memoir right now,

Quite a story to tell.  Please do keep us posted as other sections
of this come out.

So many of "The Greatest Generation" have stories to tell, and
most of these stories will disappear as the last of these veterans  pass on.

Both of my older brothers (George, b.1916 and James, b. 1923)
were in what was then called the US Army Air Corps.  George
was a flyer, and James was a physician who was one of those
drafted as he entered UW-Madison Medical School, and elevated
to captain upon graduating in 1946,  James was going INTO  the
Army - a required payback - as most were coming OUT of the Military.

There were lots of stories.  My nephew and niece don't strike me as  the
type to be interested in war stories, so I suspect I'm the only one left
holding on to some of these memories.

David S.