[Magdalen] Quiet

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Fri Aug 25 20:03:06 UTC 2017

In a message dated 8/25/2017 2:27:30 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
marionwhitevale at gmail.com writes:

We  finish with Compline and sing Salve Regina.  With
morning prayer  three mornings a week and the weekly  mass,>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

You must be in an upper fringe of Anglicanism.  Locally, the  Procathedral
congregation put up such an uproar over using the R. Proulx  "Community
Mass" simply because it was entitled "Mass."  It's use was  discontinued.

I therefore cannot imagine the "Salve Regina" being sung in any form,
Latin or English.  While I was in the Procathedral choir, we got by
chanting the
Eastertide Marian Antiphon, 'Regina Coeli," because we chanted in  Latin,
and half covered our mouths for the last line, "Ora pro nobis..."   Such
tricks!    I'll bet even the Blessed Virgin was giggling  over that one.

David S.