[Magdalen] hoping all Texans are safe

Joseph Cirou romanos at mindspring.com
Sat Aug 26 04:01:36 UTC 2017

-----Original Message-----

I visited Galveston in the 80's and returned in the 90.'s I bought some Mardi Gras Art both times from an artist who became a friend. His partner was from a family that had endured the 1900hurricane It was still a memory for the family. He (the partner, older than my friend, had family that perished. I think those people must have been his father or older relatives. But he told me personal stories that were in his family. '

I had a Mardi Gras baton and I still have the wreath that he made. They used to send Christmas cards every year. I had more Mardi Gras artifacts from them than from N'awLins.

Joe