[Magdalen] Houston

Rick Mashburn ricklmashburn at gmail.com
Thu Aug 31 02:57:36 UTC 2017

David, you are correct. From the air, it looks as flat as the dining room
table! On the ground, there are higher areas. I lived there for 12 years
and my immediate area never flooded other than some street flooding during
heavy rains. That kind of flood drains easily when the rain stops. Other
parts of town, especially (let's be honest) lower income areas, flooded
over and over again.  There was an article in the paper today about exactly
that issue. The big difference this time is that upscale areas, especially
the newer master planned communities on the west and southwest sides
flooded as well.

Peace,  Rick