[Magdalen] Update on my wrist--Prayers please

Jay Weigel jay.weigel at gmail.com
Thu Dec 7 22:13:20 UTC 2017

I saw the surgeon again yesterday for the results of my MRI and to schedule
my surgery. The MRI showed a big *something*--she's still not absolutely
positive what, but for now she's calling it a cyst--sitting approximately
right next to my ulnar nerve, which would account for much of the pain,
plus another couple of cysts close to the bone. Not to mention a lot of
arthritis, which I already knew. The good news is that such stuff is almost
never malignant. She said, "I take those things out on Tuesdays and
Fridays, when do you want to do it?" and I said, "The sooner the better,"
so we scheduled it for this upcoming Tuesday, Dec. 12. It will be done
sometime in the late morning on an outpatient basis. Recovery time is
expected to be 2-3 weeks, depending, of course, on how much she has to dig
around in there.

Your prayers are appreciated, for both me and the surgery team.

Jay, playing Advent music on the computer and trying not to think about it
all