[Magdalen] Interesting review, new New Testament translation

James Oppenheimer-Crawford oppenheimerjw at gmail.com
Mon Dec 11 17:48:51 UTC 2017

Well, not "sat down," but essentially the Book is the result of automatic
writing. And it's not "someone," but "SomeOne." No humans wrote the Book;
God just took over their bodily processes and used them to write it all
down. Contradictions? Yep, God put those in there to mislead the "smart"
people so they'd all go to hell as punishment for being so darn smart.

There's even a King James Only group. They say that God magically took over
all the guys who were working for King James, and produced the God-ordained
perfect English translation. These folks regard the Septuagint as a threat
to their theory, so they have decided that the Septuagint never existed.
It's all made up. The different forms of quotes of Old Testament passages
one finds in the New Testament doesn't really mean anything, because the
Holy Spirit wrote all that, and the Holy Spirit can quote itself any way it
wants to. It doesn't have to quote itself perfectly.

It gets to the point where I really wonder if these folks might do better
with some psychotropic medication, but there's probably a much simpler
explanation. There's money to be made in writing this junk for the folks
who want to keep on believing it, and once you figure out that folks will
really pay big bucks for this, no fool cuts off that kind of cash flow.
It's the same as these folks who make money writing lies about Masonry and
Roman Catholicism and Judaism.

James W. Oppenheimer-Crawford