[Magdalen] A 'New' Church with a 300 Year History

Ginga Wilder gingawilder at gmail.com
Mon Dec 18 20:48:50 UTC 2017

Judy, I hope you read the joyous history, too.   We have such a wonderful
little congregation! The only thing I can think to compare with these past
5 years is that it has been like having a baby in our old age...just call
me Sarah.  The video is bittersweet for those of us who served with Tom,
seen in the photo illustrating the video.  Tom grew up in Summerville, was
a dentist who followed his bliss and became a farmer.  He became mortally
ill last Christmas night and died of a rare leukemia in early March.  He
was a dear, dear man.  We are all grieving for Tom this season, especially
his wife and family.  Bishop Curry was still in NC when we played the video
for the province IV bishops....in the second verse of the hymn 'I sing a
song of the saints of God,' his deep voice began humming, then singing the
words until at the third verse the entire room of bishops and presenters
and TECSC leaders were singing in one voice.

I am thankful for being part of the reorganization of TEC in SC.
Ginga