[Magdalen] Listgiv?

Ann Markle ann.markle at aya.yale.edu
Wed Dec 27 02:01:33 UTC 2017

I am in receipt of 6 cans of avgolemono soup from a place called “Greek to
Me” in Tarpon Springs, Florida. No card, no greeting, no name, no “Listgiv”
appellation, nothing. i don’t know if I’m in receipt of someone else’s
order, gone astray, something from an undesignated friend in Florida (I do
have several friends in Florida, or who visit Florida regularly, but not in
Tarpon Springs), a gift from my dead brother (who would know that I love
this soup), or a listgiv. It reminds me of the time In Tennessee that I
received an anonymous  box of delicacies from Wegman’s. Gratifying, but
slightly disturbing. I wish the giver, if s/he is on this list, would
identify themselves (privately is fine, in respect for your modesty). If it
is a listgiv, thank you. I have no intention of returning the box to “Greek
to Me,” and guess I’ll sample the soup soon, and hope it’s not poison sent
to me by terrorists.

--
Ann

The Rev. Ann Markle