[Magdalen] Happy Christmas

Lesley de Voil lesleymdv at gmail.com
Wed Dec 27 07:00:39 UTC 2017

On Wed, 27 Dec 2017 at 06:39, P. Dan Brittain <pdan.brittain at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 25, 2017 at 11:29 PM, Lesley de Voil <lesleymdv at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Should enquiring minds ask of the recipe for pumpkin ssoufflé?
> > ( Maybe it would work with jap pumpkins, but I reckon a Queensland Blue
> > would be too dry.....)
> >

> ​Should work with any winter squash (of which pumpkins are a variety).
> Might have to adjust amount of added moisture (cream/egg, etc).​
>
> Just looked up the Queensland blue. May have to try growing some.

> They’re really very dry - very good in the baked vege pan and that’s about
it. They were a farm staple for many years. Being a late-season variety,
they could be harvested in autumn. Old time farmers would throw some up on
top of a farm shed, or the fowl house, wherever, and use them as stockfeed
during the winter. Nowadays one gets better nutrition out of a bag at the
produce agency.
Regards
Lesley de Voil

--