[Magdalen] sea smokes this a.m.

Charles Wohlers chadwohl at satucket.com
Thu Dec 28 16:01:00 UTC 2017

I often see clouds like this floating past the ridge in back of us.

But - sea smoke means really cold weather, which is what we're having here
in New England, and the Midwest. I awoke this AM to light fog which had
deposited a very thin coating if icy snow over everything. Right now the sun
is out and it's -6F outside which is likely about the high for the day.
We've had lows in the negative teens the past few days, which isn't all that
unusual here, but a high of below zero most certainly is. Normally such
weather here lasts a day or two, but now we're in the midst of a week plus
of it. The Boston Globe reports that it's the worst cold spell in a century
(again, it's the duration, not so much the temperature). This will be
especially hard on the homeless and those who struggle to afford heat for
their homes. Please hold them in your prayers.

Chad Wohlers
Woodbury, VT USA
chadwohl at satucket.com