[Magdalen] new clergy laugher

Suzie Buchanan buchanan.suzie at gmail.com
Sat Dec 30 17:31:05 UTC 2017

So, I've now been at my new parish for 5 months. Earlier in the week I
assigned lessons to readers for tomorrow's Lessons & Carols service.  Then
printed the bulletins, with "read by N." with each lesson.

NOW, I find out that I assigned the creation story to the man who I guess
is fairly well known in the parish for he and his wife's naturist
practices. (This is new information for me.) He has just emailed me with a
warning that it might end up seeming ironic to many in the parish that he
is reading the lesson about being naked and ashamed.  He's not sure he can
keep a straight face as he reads it.

I emailed back that at least he's reading the lesson in which God doesn't
seem to think the naked body is shameful.

But . . . Maybe it isn't too late to reassign the readings?

Suzie