[Magdalen] "insane"

Lynn Ronkainen houstonklr at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 18:10:49 UTC 2017

...another thought Sibyl - perhaps a TV sitcom has been advancing the use of
the word 'insane' used as you queried.... I have noticed that many words
have entered our lexicon again, 're branded' as it were by use on a TV show,
and their emulation takes off like crazy! <gdr>  Seriously.

I still remain convinced that the word 'ton' snuck into the common
vocabulary at all levels in just the past 12-18 months. I even hear it on
the evening news. I hear it tons of times daily, actually.... again,
Seriously.  I can't help but think that it was featured on a TV sitcom or a
very popular movie.

Lynn, who remembers the rebirth of 'cool', coupled with a particular
pronunciation during its return roll-out about 25 years ago.

website: www.ichthysdesigns.com

attributed to Erma Bombeck
by Richard Rohr