[Magdalen] Rejoice with me

cady soukup cadyasoukup at gmail.com
Thu Feb 9 13:12:31 UTC 2017

Yesterday was the dreaded "cardioversion" procedure where I was going
to be anesthetized and my heart was going to be shocked into a normal
sinus rhythm.

After full prep - hospital garb, IV port, 12-lead electrocardiogram
lead placement and fancy ekg machine, it was found that my heart was
already in a fully normal sinus rhythm - first time in >2 months?
There's no way to shock normal back to normal, so I was released.

However, my heart rate was 45 beats/minute. I now take 50% of one of
my meds (the heart-slowdown one) and am on my own until the next
cardiology appointment.

Wow - I am still amazed and in awe of how well the heart tries to heal
itself. What a muscle!

Thanks all,

Cady
very, very grateful