[Magdalen] signs of hope

James Oppenheimer-Crawford oppenheimerjw at gmail.com
Thu Feb 9 18:44:06 UTC 2017

I don't know why the content went away from the other site, but I am glad
the diplopundit site (dot net -- NOT dot com) is still carrying it.

The whole flavor of this chain of events strongly suggests that the
replacement of top diplomatic officials was done in an amateurish, slipshod
fashion. It is this sudden do-it-now attitude which caused the incredibly
stupid, stupid, stupid disaster of the travel ban. No thought was given to
actual consequences of actions.  Sadly, I think we can continue to look
forward to a lot of hasty, unthinking and, yes, stupid decisions, all of
which will just make the Rump putative administration less and less able to
govern. Nobody will trust them to know what they are doing, and it is a
reasonable conclusion, based on their clumsiness.

It is almost to the point where it is becoming wrong to accuse them of
lying, since one can well say that such activity requires a cetain level of
technical expertise which the trumpists transparently lack.

James W. Oppenheimer-Crawford