[Magdalen] Holy cripes: Good stuff from Gorsuch.

M J _Mike_ Logsdon mjl at ix.netcom.com
Thu Feb 9 19:08:54 UTC 2017

>>>That is encouraging. Let us hope that Trump does not rescind the
nomination and name somebody more extreme in the light of this.<<<

As of this morning, (a) Trump is calling Sen Blumenthal a "misrepresenter" (my adjective), and (b) one senator after another -- Republican included -- is lining up to confirm that Gorsuch did indeed use the words "disheartening" and "demoralizing", because, apparently, Gorsuch said it to more than just Blumenthal.

And I agree:  as long as Trump is prezzie, let's try and hold onto the ones that are at least not half-bad.  (I don't want Gorsuch, but if on something as important as this he's willing to tell the truth, ... so be it.)

(And for some reason, the refrain "And that's why, the president is a Tramp!" is my earworm these days.)