[Magdalen] From +Georgia

Mahoney, W. Michael wmmah at stoneledge.net
Sat Feb 11 05:57:11 UTC 2017

On Fri, Feb 10, 2017 at 10:48 PM, Grace Cangialosi <gracecan at gmail.com>
wrote:

> But, Lynn, just look at how much fun we've had while trying to figure it
> all out!  And how much we've learned about the various designations for
> bishops!

And it's not just a church thing.  English nobles were often referred to by
the place to which their title was fixed.  So, when speaking of Lord
Buckingham. for example, one could simply say "Buckingham" rather than
using his given or family name. One reason the Shakespeare history plays
can be so confusing is that both uses are employed.

Mike M.