[Magdalen] Medical cannibis applications.

James Handsfield jhandsfield at att.net
Wed Feb 22 13:53:10 UTC 2017

First of all, Allan, you need to take care of yourself.  If you don’t take care of yourself, you will not be able to care for your wife.  I speak from experience.

What you are experiencing is horrible.  I encourage you to find a caregivers support group you can attend.  I’m sure one of the Alzheimer’s associations will have something in your area.

I also suggest seeing a psychiatrist who can provide appropriate medication to help you.  I’ve been taking Prozac for over two years now.  Pot is untested for the most part, and we all know what alcohol can (and will) do.  Alcohol is a depressant and in the long run will only make things worse for you, so I support your decision to quit drinking scotch.

I know it doesn’t feel like it, but you are living through a holy time.  I’m just beginning to understand that for myself.  Marcy’s illness and death sent me into a near Dark Night experience, with many questions and no answers.  I’m coming to know that I have no idea about God.  The only evidence I see that God even exists is that love exists, intangible as love is.  My spiritual director tells me that I have now gone deeper than the cloud of unknowing and closer to God.  I think she may be right even though I don’t really understand it.

You have my prayers, Allan.

Education is its own reward, both for the individual and for society.

Jim Handsfield
jhandsfield at att.net