[Magdalen] Unplugged for Two Weeks.

Lynn Ronkainen houstonklr at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 22:08:54 UTC 2017

N. Michigan University is in Marquette... Mi, that is : )

Ahem, Michigan Tech (University) is extremely old. It started in the 1800s
as Michigan School of Mines, located as it were near a mother lode of US
copper, in the UP - the state of Michigan, and at one time, considered
making Calumet (13 miles N of MTU) the capital of the state!! Over the years
MTU became also an engineering school of high regard and now they're heavily
into Medical/science and Computer technology. It is a great place, small
enrollment and it's graduates in the heavier fields of study 'go places' in
the country and in the world.

The copper found in the UP is unusual in that it was often found in huge
chunks of solid, unadulterated copper. There was a hunk of such quality in
the middle of campus when I was there - 8' tall and 4 or 5
people-holding-hands around.  I think it is safely inside of the new rock &
mineral museum.

Lynn

website: www.ichthysdesigns.com

attributed to Erma Bombeck
"Either Freedom for all or stop talking about Freedom at all" from a talk by
Richard Rohr
"The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they
oppress." F Douglass