[Magdalen] Jesuits call Dakota pipeline work "morally unacceptable"

Grace Cangialosi gracecan at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 00:20:44 UTC 2017

I did know about the original route through Bismarck, and I was sorry there wasn't much more attention given to that by the media.

My father's family was from ND, some in Fargo and some in Bismarck, and his brother was a lawyer and involved in state politics at one point.

When my ex-husband and I went out for a visit in '69,  one of my uncles said with some pride that they didn't have any problem with "the coloreds" there.  Of course, there basically weren't any, but let any Native Americans move in next door, and there'd have been Hell  to pay. I did not, however, point that out...

My father grew up in Fargo and had never seen an African-American until he went into the Army in WWII.