[Magdalen] so we're sitting by the pool

Roger Stokes roger.stokes65 at btinternet.com
Sun Feb 26 12:54:35 UTC 2017

On 26/02/2017 12:11, Marion Thompson wrote:
> The Canadian Shield country of Ontario and Quebec, North of Superior,
> Gaspe, the Lower St. Lawrence and its North Shore, the Eastern
> Townships, Kingston and the Thousand Islands, Ottawa.  We are a
> country of scenic beauty and pleasant people and interesting nooks and
> crannies, 'sunny ways'.

Having been to Vancouver and Toronto - and between the two by train - I
agree that there is beauty and the people are pleasant. The country also
ticks two important boxes for me - they speak English (and even where
they speak French I'm sure they understand Visa and MasterCard :-) ) and
the water is clean. A day trip to Belgium late last year reassured me
that I still have some of my schoolboy French which proved useful when
asking directions. Canada is certainly on my short-list, but which side?

Roger