[Magdalen] The Grackles are back, the Grackles are back...

ME Michaud michaudme at gmail.com
Sun Feb 26 18:58:33 UTC 2017

We have loads of night herons at home. They sit in trees near the
backwaters
and along the Charles and converse through the evening hours.

We're too far north here for Flamingoes, of course, but have tons of
egrets of various sizes. And roseate spoonbills (which people mistake
for flamingoes). And sand cranes with their long legs and languid gait.

St. Anastasia's is building a new religious ed bldg. The land has been
cleared,
exposing many dead trees along the perimeter. This morning the priest told
us some people wanted the dead trees removed, others wanted them
retained because ospreys and eagles live there. He gave a sort of generic
Mediterranean shrug and said he wasn't going to make a decision yet but
was going to let the Holy Spirit reveal the next step. People laughed and
applauded.
-M