[Magdalen] Melinda Whalon RIP

Jo Craddock jocraddock at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 14:30:45 UTC 2017

Dear friends,

You have all been so wonderful in assuring us of your prayers for my wife
Melinda.

Yesterday, at 2:15pm, she entered Larger Life peacefully, with Marie-Noëlle
stroking her hair. While Melinda had battled several cancers since 1983, it
was finally an infection she could no longer fight off. For 34 years I had
been praying that cancer would not get the best of her, and it did not. In
fact, her immunotherapy was working beyond all expectations. But the life
we were hoping to live when she was better was not to be.

Our two priests from the Cathedral were superb. We prayed the Vigil at the
time of death, and I did the commendation through my tears. Melinda's
business partner and close friend Beth Puton was with us, as well as her
husband François and Marie's friend Julie. The staff could not have been
kinder.

Years ago, in another crisis, Melinda and I decided to be buried in the
colonial churchyard of St. George's, Indian River Hundred, Delaware, our
summer parish since 1991, and a few years ago, a gift made that possible. I
will keep you apprised of the arrangements.

Now as Marie-Noëlle, the family and I embark on the journey of laying her
to rest and beyond, I ask for your prayers again.

In sure and certain hope in the resurrection to eternal life,

Yours,

Pierre