[Magdalen] so we're sitting by the pool

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Mon Feb 27 16:09:48 UTC 2017

In a message dated 2/27/2017 12:50:09 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
lupa at kos.net writes:

Nova  Scotia had little Loyalist settlement.  The Loyalists mistrusted Nova
 Scotia, which had strong alliances with Massachusetts, and the Nova
Scotians  regarded the Loyalists as a bunch of whining wimps.  There was some
Loyalist settlement in Shelburne, but mostly they fetched up in New Brunswick
and Upper Canada (now Ontario), where they received land grants.
Gananoque, where I live, was founded by  Loyalists.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I've always wondered why the Maritimes were not included with the 13 states
in the American Revolution.  Were they just too Tory, or what?

There are ten Strang families on PEI and many more in New Brunswick and
Nova Scotia, and they are all relatives.  I understand that the  Ontario
Niagara
Peninsula, in particular, was heavily settled by Loyalists.

David S.