[Magdalen] so we're sitting by the pool

Charles Wohlers charles.wohlers at verizon.net
Mon Feb 27 17:44:27 UTC 2017

My sense also is that the Atlantic Provinces had been more recently settled
by the British (altho the French had been there much longer) and didn't have
the history of self-government the American colonies had. The American
colonies were largely settled by yeomen farmers who had been essentially
left to their own devices for a long time - over 150 years in the cases of
Massachusetts & Virginia. They did not appreciate laws and taxes being
imposed on them from afar, all of a sudden.

Chad Wohlers
Woodbury, VT USA
chadwohl at satucket.com